lunes, 14 de enero de 2013

PETE PRICE ON ANGIE MCCARTNEY AND HER LONG-AWAITED AUTOBIOGRAPHY


I FIRST met this larger than life lady Angie McCartney when I had a cup of tea with her and her husband Jim McCartney, Paul’s dad, at Baskerville Road, Heswall, some 40 years ago.
We clicked and have been firm friends ever since. I loved her and Jim’s company and was very sad when he died. At the time I was the compère at the Shakespeare Theatre Club. Any of the stars that appeared there if they wanted, I would take them on a tour of Liverpool and Wirral. After going to Nicholls Parkgate for their special ice cream, we would finish up with Angie and Jim having tea and cakes.
So many stars really wanted to meet Paul McCartney’s dad and Angie was a bonus. Rok Books are launching Angie McCartney – My Long and Winding Road, her autobiography. The launch will be two nights at The Philharmonic Hall on January 30 and 31.
I’m hosting the evening with a number of Beatles tribute bands from all over the world. Angie will be signing books before the show on the nights. She was telling me she really wants to meet the people who run the Linda McCartney Breast Cancer Centre, to personally thank them for the wonderful work they do, as she was a friend of Linda’s.
I’m hoping to take Mrs McCartney and her daughter Ruth for afternoon tea to the Town Hall.
Her book is a fantastic journey containing 12 pages of photos, many of which have never been published before. I will leave you with a taster: Angie reveals the true story on how the song Blackbird originated and how Paul dedicated it to someone dear to her heart. She has the studio tape of Paul saying this one is for Edia – who was Angie’s mum – after sitting on the end of her bed and recording the actual Blackbird in the back garden of his house. I hope you all come to The Phil and welcome her home.


That Hippie Penny Lane
Apple

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario