martes, 15 de enero de 2013

LESLIE HEALY´S "BEATLES STORY"


This photograph is part of San Angelo resident Leslie Healy's collection of Beatles-related keepsakes. George Harrison autographed the photo during Healy's visit to London. 

Contributed photo Leslie Healy and Ringo Starr at Ringo's home in Weybridge, Surrey, a town southwest of London. The photo was taken in 1967.
Leslie Healy was filmed this summer in Corpus Christi for the PBS's "Antiques Roadshow." She and her Beatles collection are featured in an episode of the popular show scheduled to air Monday.








 — Leslie Healy's "Beatles story" begins like this: "I have always been in the right place at the right time, and I've been blessed," began the San Angelo Realtor.
Who can argue with her?
As a 14-year-old New Yorker, she screamed along with a crowd of other teen girls in Ed Sullivan's auditorium as the Beatles performed.

"They were amazing," she said. "I couldn't hear anything they were singing for the screaming. I don't even know why I was screaming, but I was."

After that she knew what she had to do.
"From that day on, I said when I graduated I was going to England to see the Beatles."

READ MORE... HERE.







That Hippie Penny Lane
Apple

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario